Total Pageviews

Friday, August 8, 2014

KEYSHIA COLE x PETE ROCK - "Got to Get My Heart Back"

As thoroughly as I follow the career of Pete Rock, every now and then I stumble across something that had slipped past my radar on its initial release. Such is the case with Keyshia Cole's "Got to Get My Heart Back". A Soul/R&B cut of beauty where Keyshia's strong voice, Pete's mix of soulful strings, accoustic piano and his trademark hip-hop esthetics and drum programming makes this a definite winner. The song appeared on Keyshia's Cole sophomore album "Just Like You" (2007), but once the CD was released to stores a mishap in the credits snuffed Rock on his credit for the track (instead giving it to Ron Fair). Hower, he has mentioned in it at least two interviews that I know - most likely meaning that it's a song he's very proud of.  Recorded sometime around the "NY's Finest" sessions, I could definitely hear it next to tracks like "Made Man", "That's What I'm Talking About", or "Ready 4 War". Without a doubt, Pete Rock need to do a production album with only soul singers if you ask me.. Hell, I might even make a compilation for y'all!

KEYSHIA COLE - "Got To Get My Heart Back" [prod. by Pete Rock]

No comments:

Post a Comment